Shipping Protection covers lost, stolen, and damaged items that fit the following criteria. Review the policies to understand what lost, stolen, and damaged items Route will cover.
Packages presumed to be lost
Invalid address or delivery barriers
- Sometimes carriers cannot deliver the customer’s package due to an invalid address or other unexpected delivery barriers. At this point, the carrier might return the package to the sender/retailer. The customer’s package is not actually lost, thus we does not cover this. In instances where an invalid address is provided us to and item has been sent back, we will not be covering it under Shipping Protection as it's an user error.
Only part of the order delivered
- If the customer ordered several items in one package but only part of the order arrived and there is no evidence of tampering, please contact us first to verify as your order might be in a separate parcel.
Order stuck in customs
We cannot cover when a customer’s order is stuck in international borders/customs.
- The customer’s next step is to pay the customs fees in order to receive the package.
Order issue filed too soon
- If the customer is filing an order issue the same day that the package was marked as delivered, at our discretion we may ask you to wait 5 business days. Carriers (FedEx, USPS, UPS, DHL, etc.) sometimes prematurely mark the package as delivered when it’s still in transit.
Delivered but Missing Package
- Order issues for packages marked "delivered" yet not received are considered stolen, and must be filed 5 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 15 days to ensure it was not mis-delivered or easily found around the premises.
Filing a police report
- At our discretion, we will require a police report when the customer’s package is marked as delivered.
- The customer will file the police report and include an explanation that we, HESNTLS require a police report to be filed for stolen parcel in-order to cover under Shipping Policy.
- Send us the police report PDF & number in the order issue.
- Upon request, we may require additional documentation such as proof of identity, a notarized statement, address, etc.
Note: Depending upon the jurisdiction, a false police report may be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony
Delivered to wrong address
- If the customer input the correct address at checkout and the package was delivered to the wrong address, we considers this as stolen and we will replace the order on behalf of the customer.
Damaged Item Arrived
- Order Issues for damaged orders must be filed within 15 days of the delivery date.
A damaged item is considered to be a broken product that is unusable, clearly fractured, shattered, bent (if not bendable), crushed, etc.
We doe not cover cosmetic damage (scratches, dents, etc.), manufacturing damages, packaging errors, or unsealed items.
- We requires further evidence of the customer’s damaged item (i.e. more photos, videos, etc.).
- For distressed denim on our website, loose threads are not considered damaged and it's normal.